5.01.2006

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face, but I've come through

It was getting down to the wire, but the socks are done and ready to be sent out tomorrow. Two little pomatomi, all ready for their trip to a very special someone.

Here they are in all their glory! BTW, I totally love them and will likely make a pair for myself some day soon.



Specs:
Pattern: Pomatomus from Knitty
Needles: US 2, but my sock pal has wider feet than I do, and I'll probably use US 1 for my pair
Yarn: 2 skeins Koigu KPM 185
Pattern Notes: The pattern wasn't too hard to follow once I got the hang of it, but it does require a decent amount of concentration. Given the fact that I tried to watch a few episodes of 24 while working on this pattern, today's title is very appropriate for these socks. I only did 2 pattern repeats on the leg. If I had done three, there is no way I would have had enough yarn. It's possible going down a needle size will help with the yarn shortage.

Ready to be shipped:



I dig the label. Thanks Alison!



Saturday's title: Liz Phair, "Rock Me"

5 comments:

Emma said...

They look so great. Your pal will adore them!

Joanne M said...

Socks look great and I love the map that's going along with them (I'm a little "homesick" for Boston). Liz Phair - love it. (Well, love the older Liz Phair before she sold out *sigh*.)

Emma *is* great, she was one of the first to comment on my (new) blog too. For that, she get a subscription on bloglines. :-)

Soggy Desert Rat said...

Oh! Love the socks! The subtle shading is perfect with that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»