5.30.2006

The winter is long in the city and that's the way I like it

Don't get me wrong, I love summer, not to mention spring and fall. But see the thing is, when your winter seems to last for nine months, you appreciate the sunshine just that much more. Lately, we've been appreciating it, and appreciating it, and appreciating it. Yay!

I spent a lot of time outside this past L-L-L-O-O-O-N-N-N-G-G- weekend, just soaking up the sun. I went to see the boys take on Tampa Bay. While not a terribly impressive game (Sunday), it was nice to finally get to Fenway. We had great seats near Pesky's Pole, but the only pictures I got of the game unfortunately involved Trot Nixon picking his butt. I will decline to post those. You're welcome, Trot.



Then on Monday, I spent the day cooling off at the pool - such a tough life, I know.

What about Saturday, you ask? What did I spend my time doing? Remember those FOs I was talking about? Well, I have TWO to show off! Don't mind me, I seem to be all about the capital letters today. Don't know why.

Anyways, where was I? Oh, the FOs, the FOs!



Specs:
Pattern: Trellis Scarf by Evelyn A. Clark, from IK Spring 2006
Needles: US 5
Yarn: 1 skein Misti Alpaca Lace, color 3140 (also known as pink)
Pattern Notes: The pattern was fairly easy with the one exception being the crazy "knit 7 into 5" stitches. I can't even describe how hard those were. I used a size 1 dpn to help get those done. I love this scarf and I would absolutely make it again. It's a great gift, and an inexpensive knit. The only thing holding me back from starting on scarf #2 is I'm just not sure it's my style.


Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern:



I promised more than one FO, but I've decided to spread the joy. So number 2 will have to wait until my next post. I will, however, promise to post tomorrow rather than a week from now.

In final knitting news, all this finishing has left an opening for a new project. I stopped by my LYS this afternoon and got some help from the lovely Johanna. I've decided on this



made from this.



I can't wait to get started!



Previous Title: Pearl Jam, "Life Wasted" - The concert was unbelievable, by the way. They always outdo themselves.

2 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Joanne M said...

your new project looks cool and I love the colour...