5.03.2006

Everyone has a secret, but can they keep it (for my secret pal)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Lorna's Laces, Koigu, Debbie Bliss. Anything that's soft, basically. I really dislike novelty yarn and acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store my needles in plastic bags. I've started to make two different needle cases, but never finished them. Maybe one day . . .

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for around four years now, completely self-taught from a book I bought at AC Moore. I'm thinking I'm intermediate/advanced since I do a lot of cables and funky stitches and I rarely have a problem following a pattern. I don't do much improvising though, so that's why maybe I'm intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but keep checking back because maybe I'll create one soon. If I do, I'll be sure to put a link on the sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I don't have a very strong sense of smell, so I'm not really into candles and bath products. I guess if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say vanilla, but nothing too heavy either.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Do I have a sweet tooth? Is that a joke? Candy is among the world's greatest treasures. I'm a big fan of chocolate, more milk chocolate than dark chocolate. I also like some random candy like Atomic Fireballs and Sprees. Oh, and Skittles . . . pretty much anything sweet.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin, but maybe I'll try one day. Card-making is fun. I crochet, but I can never find patterns I like so I don't do it often. Embroidery sounds interesting but I haven't tried it yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Pretty much you can look at my post titles to get a sense of music I like. Generally alternative and top 40s. Lately my favorites are The Killers, Pearl Jam, the Gray's Anatomy soundtrack, music from the OC. I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is green, any shade. I like jewel tones best. I don't usually choose pastels or bright colors, but every so often it's fun to try something different.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live by myself - single, no kids. I have no pets. Just me and the yarn.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and I'm on a quest to find the perfect hat and the perfect mittens, but I haven't quite settled on anything yet. I'm thinking the perfect hat is a solid color but the perfect mittens I don't really know. Fair isle?

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks socks socks!

13. What are you knitting right now?
Do you want a list? I'm finishing a baby blanket for a friend, a few socks that are missing mates, a lacy scarf, a sweater that needs sewing together, and a needle case that will one day be done. There are usually socks on the needles, but I just finished a pair.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Who doesn't?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like both straight and circular needles depending on the project. Maybe I slightly prefer circulars. I like bamboo needles, but aluminum is ok too. Those gray rubbery ones are good, but I can't stand plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I would love to have both one day!

17. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from one of those "I Taught Myself Knitting!" books that I bought at AC Moore.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Mabe a year?

19. What is your favorite holiday?
I like Thanksgiving because it's all about family. Also I like St. Patty's Day because, well, I live in Boston and it's kind of a drinking thing . . .

20. Is there anything that you collect?
You mean besides sock yarn? Not really.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have "Creative Knitting" that was a gift. I really want a subscription to "Interweave." I've been eyeing "One Skein," "Knitting on the Road," "Mason-Dixon Knitting." Also any of the Yarn Harlot books, especially the latest one, "Knitting Rules." Maybe a stitch guide?

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn to knit socks using the magic loop technique. I haven't done much entrelac or fair isle, but I'd like to learn more.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love knitting socks. My foot is 9 and 3/4 inches from heel to toe. Around the ball of my foot is 8 inches, but I don't usually have a problem fitting into the average size from a pattern width-wise.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
My birthday's March 31.

I can't wait to start SP8!



Yesterday's Title: Pearl Jam, "Ocean"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»