5.22.2006

Oh you know I did it; it's over and I feel fine

Thanks for bearing with me yesterday! Maybe it's not the best idea to write a post after a four-day (and counting) fight with mom, half a bottle of wine, and a Nine Inch Nails indulgence, but I really needed to let all of that out. I'm feeling much better today.

I've taken up running and I'm really enjoying it. It's a great outlet for some of my frustrations after a long school day spent with 22 kids who are just counting the days until summer. Twenty-two days, if you're wondering. I even bought new sneakers at Marathon Sports, where they do a gait analysis. Turns out I need lots of support, but I think you've all figured that out all ready. The difference is that the sneaker guy was talking about arch support . . .

Anyways, I've really been enjoying the extra time spent outdoors. I'm beginning to be able to run for longer stretches of time, and maybe in a few days I'll be able to run for the whole time. I am starting to feel a little sore though, but it's the good kind, where you know it's healthy and your muscles needed the exercise.

In knitting news, I have a few projects that are wicked close to being FOs, so look forward to that in the next few days. Meantime, I'll try not to have any more emotional outbursts for a little while, but sometimes they sneak out anyway. Madness, I tell you.

Oh, Secret Pal, please don't think that since I'm feeling better today I don't need chocolate. I always appreciate some yummy chocolatey goodness!



Yesterday's title: Nine Inch Nails, "Terrible Lie"
Mentioned in post: The All American Rejects: "Move Along"

1 comments:

Joanne M said...

Running is excellent (as is blasting NIN on the iPOD *while* running) for existential crises such as yesterday's. I'm moving back to Boston and I'll keep you in my mind's-rolodex- of-single-people-to-set-up.. I have had some success in this area - former roommate now married to a pediatric cardiologist friend I introduced her to and a former co-worker living with a canadian engineer friend of mine... both around Boston (I have/had awesome Christmas parties). Hang in there and stay positive - it's the only thing to do (aside from putting the word out that you're *looking*).