5.16.2006

Just look at them and sigh and know they love you

Today we had our Teacher Appreciation Lunch at school. Let's just say I'm feeling very appreciated:



These roses were a centerpiece. When the lunch was over, one of the parents of my students brought them up to my classroom. How thoughtful!

I promised a weekend update, so here goes: I flew to Philadelphia to visit my parents. We celebrated Mother's Day and had a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law.

I may not have mentioned it yet, but besides knitting, I like to make cards. Here are some Mother's Day cards I made:





The wedding shower pictures aren't the greatest, so I'll keep those to myself for now.

Given the weather lately, I spent quite a bit of time in the airport this weekend. That was a little disappointing, but it does make for some speedy knitting.



Speedy knitting is all about your perspective. It's a lacy scarf, so it takes some time, but I did get 4 pattern repeats done, which is something like 64 rows. I think it's pretty impressive anyway. It's apparently about 25% done, but it seems short to me. I know it will stretch, but I have a feeling I'll end up doing some extra rounds to lengthen it anway.

Sorry if this post is a little disjointed. I feel like I have a million things going on right now, but I wanted to share the weekend pictures. Not to mention the pretty flowers!



Yesterday's Title: Jane Siberry, "It Can't Rain All the TIme" - great lyrics in that song - You might notice I went back and tweaked the title to yesterday's post. It needed fixing - oops!

1 comments:

Joanne M said...

Pretty homemade cards! ...and great rainy day treat :-) I wish I had thought of that last week - CT was pretty rainy too and I was ready to go hide under the covers.