7.13.2006

Vacation all I ever wanted

Shelby, my SP8 Hostess with the Most-est has asked for a response to a few questions, just for fun. They're kind of vacation-themed, hence the title.

1) What is your favorite season of the year?
I like Fall because Massachusetts is so pretty when the leaves change, and Spring because of the anticipation, but Summer's by far the best. I don't work during much of the summer so I get to relax and snooze and knit and do other fun stuff.

2) Where is your favorite vacation spot?
I think I'm going to go to Paris in April with my mom. Paris is one of my all-time favorite cities because of the culture - there's so much art, fashion, and just generally interesting stuff going on in Paris. I also like Italy for the same reasons.

3) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Paris and Italy, obviously, but I'd also like to go to Australia and Greece. I've never been to either one and I've heard rave reviews.

4) If you could pick any job, and be paid well, what would it be?
I'd like to own/run a knitting store. Is this even a question you need to ask?

5) If you were going on vacation for 1 week, and had to take ONLY one project with you, what would it be?
Yikes! Too many to choose from! Maybe a pair of socks with an interesting pattern. Or a scarf with an interesting pattern. Something that would hold my interest but not be too involved. I'd like to be able to pick it up for short periods of time and not lose my place in the pattern, but I'd also like something that won't bore me or feel like work.

6) If you won a shopping spree to your favorite Yarn shop, what would you get?
Sign me up! I'm thinking I'd go for a swift and yarn winder, oodles of sock yarn (Koigu and Lorna's Laces), and some ArtYarns of any variety. I've never made anything using their yarns, but each one is prettier than the next. As long as it's a shopping spree, I might as well go all out: it would also be fun to pick up a variety of colors of Cascade 220 for felting projects, and of course anything Noro.

I guess that's all. Excuse me while I go drool over the idea of a shopping spree to a yarn store . . .



Previous title: Guns 'n Roses, "November Rain"

2 comments:

Midnight Purls said...

If I had to pick any job, mine would be the same as yours! Getting to be surrounded by yarm all day would be awesome!

I've never been to Paris, but would love to go one day. When I was with the ex, we actually booked a vacation to Paris, but then he got hurt on the job and was out of work for months and we had to cancel it. It just seems so beautiful.

The Camden Aquarium is the state aquarium. I had no idea you were from around here. What high school did you go to?

Shelby said...

Thanks for posting! I guess the vacation theme came from the blog-reading I've been doing. Everyone seems to be taking summer vacations but me, so I had vacations on the brain! It was fun to see your answers- I also LOVE Paris- there is no place like it!