7.31.2006

Some days you're gonna put me on a pedestal up high

Miss me?

Sorry it took so long. You thought I was kidding when I said it was hard to get up off the couch! Anyways, here are my new Baudelaire socks. They are so pretty you could put them up on a pedestal. (Ok, so the title's a stretch, but read on and you'll understand. Maybe.)



Specs:
Pattern: Baudelaire from Knitty
Needles: US 2
Yarn: one skein of Cherry Tree Hill yarn in "Moody Blues," hence today's title (I had to search long and hard for it as I don't really listen to the Moody Blues)
Pattern Notes: This one was really fun to knit. The pattern is really well written and easy to follow. I taught myself how to knit on two circulars for this one, plus they are toe-up, which is also new for me. I love the construction of the heel, which is a rounded short row heel with a flap. I also had fun with the sewn bind-off, which I'll definately use again. My only complaint, which is not a pattern complaint, is that I have little or no talent in photographing my own feet. Must work on this one.

And just so you won't think that I really have spent all of the time since my last post just sitting on the couch, check out this next project:

I picked out these great coordinating dishcloths . . .



to be a new home for this mess of needles.



Voila! Here is my new needle case closed:



And here it is open:



Betcha didn't know I could sew! It was really easy, but next time I'll probably head to Joanne's Fabrics rather than use dishcloths. It was a little difficult to work with fabric of this thickness on the sewing machine.

And, what you've all been waiting for, the date update:
- Date number 1 never happened because the loser never called (cross that guy off the list).
- Date number 2 was great: good chemistry, easy to talk to, but I'm not sure I'm attracted to him. Still, he gets another chance.
- Date number 3 was wicked uncomfortable. I may not be the best conversationalist, but he had no ability to hold up his end. I'd ask him questions and he'd constantly answer with one or two words only. There were other weirdnesses that I can't even go into, but trust me, it was not good. Want to hear the strangest thing? The next day he sent me an e-mail saying that he had a lot of fun and I was really easy to talk to. Was he at the same date or what?
- Date number 4 was my favorite. I'm definately attracted to him and I find him really interesting. The only shortcoming is that we don't have THAT much in common, so it was a little hard to keep the conversation flowing. It got better as the evening went on, and I think he'll call.
- Boy number 5 seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, but it's ok because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with men as it is. Plus, two new guys have begun e-mailing me on JDate. I'm feeling uber-popular these days. Kinda funny how I've been in a dry spell for what feels like forever, and suddenly it's all turned around.



Previous Title: Geri Halliwell, "It's Raining Men"

4 comments:

Jofrog said...

What a great time for all of this dating... no pesky work to get in the way! Enjoy it.

Joanne M said...

Yay for #2 and #4!! (Five man-ibilities at once? I'm so impressed) And, Oh.My.God. I LOVE your needlecase!!

Matt's Blog said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at mattvid07@gmail.com, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at mattvid07@gmail.com, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please indicate the name of your blog in any response. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt