7.26.2006

I feel stormy weather moving in . . . it's raining men

When it rains, it pours! Somehow I have found more eligible bachelors than you would find on an episode of the dating game. Needless to say, my weekend is pretty booked up. I don't want to say too much and jinx it, but I promise to tell all as the days go by. Most are JDaters and one is a friend of a friend. That's it - you get no more until after I have gone out with them. Not a peep so don't even try.

Now, for the promised vacation update. In no particular order, here are a few things I did this past week:

1. Heehee. Met boys.

2. I went antiquing with mom. I haven't really ever been into antiques, but I have this one really cool art deco glass piece that I got from my grandmother when she moved into a nursing home. This weekend I decided to start acquiring a few other pieces. I saw some really neat stuff, including a purple glass perfume bottle with a metal section on the bottom. Sorry, can't describe it better than that. It was really cool, but in the end, I decided on this collection of seltzer bottles.



Cute, no?

3. I visited the new twins in New York. Sorry, no pics. You'll have to take my word on it. Grace and Carter are the cutest itsy bitsy babies I ever did see. Mama Kelly looks good too, with cute new hair (Hi Kelly!).

4. I got a new hair cut too! I didn't take pictures of that either, but I really like it. I also had it straightened, so now it doesn't frizz quite so much on these hot hot days.

5. I went to a wedding shower for my almost sister-in-law. It was fun, but it was a marathon shower, clocking in at 5 hours. I think that might be a new record.

6. I went to a yarn store in Pennington, NJ. It was my first trip to The Wooly Lamb, but I will definately be back. They were really nice and friendly, and they had a huge selection. I think they have moved down the street and have not yet changed their website, so if you decide to go, you should call them first for the real address. They had a sample from the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk book and they even let me try it on! I was convinced.



Look what followed me home! This isn't a color I normally would choose, but it's the color of the store sample, and it looked great, so mine will be bright pink too. Now that I've been home for a little while, look what I have so far:



Want to guess what it's going to be?

7. I finished a pair of socks. I'm not going to show you them today, because I think they deserve their own song lyrics, don't you?

8. I got back to Boston and found this waiting for me in the mail:



Thank you Secret Pal! She made me a scarf, which I totally love. You can't tell from the picture, but it has a little ruffle detail at the ends. Love it! She also sent a tin of mango sour altoids (yum!) and a really nice note. By the way, Secret Pal, don't worry about the chocolate - I can't imagine it would travel well either.

9. I can't think of a number nine, so I guess that's it. Phew! What a week! Did I mention I met boys?



Yesterday's title: ACDC, "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Want to Rock 'N Roll)"

2 comments:

Midnight Purls said...

The pics aren't coming up for me :( I'll have to try back later to see them I guess...

But as far as the boys, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Joanne M said...

May your dates be filled with witty banter and delightful conversation!