2.14.2007

Batten up the hatches, here comes the cold

Hurray for snow days! And what better way to spend a snow day than knitting mittens?



Specs:
Pattern: my own
Needles: US 4
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Irving Park colorway; Classic Elite Lush in color 4413 (black)
Pattern Notes: I may have found two new favorite yarns. They're both SO soft. The black mittens are for a friend at work. I've already given them to her, but I have some separation anxiety. There may be a Lush pair in my future. In the meantime, I'll have to settle for the Lorna's pair. This yarn would make a great sweater, if only I could find a pattern I like for it. Any ideas?

I've also been working on my Anemoi mittens, because one can never have too many pairs of mittens, right? New pics coming soon!



Previous Title: Cyndi Lauper, "True Colors"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they're stunning, though I can't imagine having to "settle" for Lorna's! It's delicious, and machine washable! How can you go wrong?

I love that colorway - Irving Park is actually a major street here in Chicago about eight blocks north of my house. Always makes me smile.

Hope you're not too snowed in!

Old Knitter said...

Love the mittens!!!. . . I understand your separation anxiety in giving away something you have worked long and hard on but the joy you see on someone's face makes it all worthwhile!!!! Here's the look I have for the goodies you sent me :). . . especially when I found out you made that little stash bag . . .

Joanne M said...

Show us the anemoi, show us the anemoi!! I'm so coveting those...