10.05.2006

Happy happy joy joy

Secret Pal 9 is gearing up and ready to go! Can't wait! Here are my answers, oh pal of mine: (If you read that in a Stimpy voice, all nasal-like and with excitement, it kinda sounds like him.)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like yarn. Pretty much all yarn. Not a big fan of ACKrylic though. Softer is generally better. While I do knit things besides socks, if you're thinking sock yarn I really love Lorna's Laces, Cherry Tree Hill, and I'm dying for some Socks that Rock.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made a little needle case, but it's not the greatest.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I guess I've been knitting for around four or five years maybe? I'm definately intermediate at least, and maybe moving on to advanced. The only things I don't do much of are entrelac and fair isle.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup. Check on the sidebar. I update it pretty often, or at least often enough that it's current.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I'm not really a smelly kind of person. Scents just don't do it for me.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Ooo, you got me there. Candy is always welcome in my house. I like milk chocolate, but it doesn't mail so well because it does melt sometimes. I also like Skittles, Sprees, and most other sweet things.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
If it's a craft, I do it. Or at least have done it. Current favorites include cardmaking, crocheting, and sewing. I don't spin, but I wouldn't mind learning.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Hmm. Do you really want me to answer that? Basically, take a look at my titles. I like Top 40s and alternative usually.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I generally prefer rich dark colors, like burdandy, maroon, deep purple, navy, dark orange, etc. I'm not really much of a pastel or brights person, but there are always exceptions.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me so far. Keep your eyes peeled though, there may one day be a kitty or a puppy in the picture.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves all the time and hats sometimes. Not really a poncho person. I don't wear mittens, but only because I don't have any. A pair of mittens would certainly be welcome in my home. Basically, it's Boston and it's going to be cold very very soon.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lately it's socks, but I'm also really into sweaters. I like knitting things with cables or lacey patterns mostly - keeps life interesting. I'm a huge Debbie Bliss pattern fan these days.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Elfine socks, a multidirectional diagonal scarf, and a few other items . . . I'm getting ready to start on a few booga bags (as gifts) and a Feona sweater (Debbie Bliss alpaca silk book).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Are there people out there who would say no to this question?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circulars the best, especially addi turbos. Given the cost of turbos, I often go for bamboo instead.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I really would like to. Maybe one day, sigh . . .

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm. Two years or so maybe?

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving hands down. It's all about family and food - two of my favorite things. I also like Christmas, but mostly because I'm Jewish and my parents have a great big dinner party with friends and family, so it ends up being a lot like Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not so much.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I like the stuff over at Zephyr Style (patterns and stitch markers). I subscribe to Interweave Knits. Any books are over on the wish list. I don't have a chibi, but I would like one (blue maybe?).

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to figure out the whole fair-isle thing. Magic loop would be helpful too.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
But of course! My foot is 9 and 3/4 inches from heel to toe - size 11! Around the ball of my foot is 8 inches (I wear a narrow), but I don't usually have a problem fitting into the average size from a pattern width-wise.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) March 31. Mark your calendars; it's my thirtieth!



Previous Title: Guns 'n Roses, "Civil War"

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad to hear that you recovered from being killed in the Sock Wars! Those socks do look comfy - just in time for a chilly fall.

My daughter is looking at colleges in Boston, so far Northeastern is her favorite. If she ends up going there, maybe we could meet up someday?

|chee-uh| said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.