4.10.2006

All the social papers say I've got the biggest balls of all

Are you intrigued yet?
Every time I leave my LYS, I feel like I've forgotten something. Care to guess what it is?




Yeah, about that ball winder. It does seem to make life easier. This weekend I suddenly felt surrounded by hand-wound balls of yarn. On the plus side, it means I'm actually using the yarn I buy instead of just buying more. I think I wound 4 skeins into balls this past week and I only bought one new skein, so that's pretty good I guess.

Here's a little hint at what I've been working on with some of that yarn:



It's a pomatomus! A question for you: when there are two, will they be pomatomi? Saying pomatomi might be even more fun than saying pomatomus. Try it out loud. Don't you agree? While I love this sock, it is a gift for my sockapaloooza pal. I might have to make another pair in this color just for me. As long as I remember to wind the yarn before leaving the store.

Before I go for the day, I just wanted to mention my happiness at the quest to be bathing-suit ready by the end of the week. I don't know what was up with me on Friday, but I'm much more content now. All day today my pants were feeling kind of uncomfortable, mostly because they are now getting to be too big. Very exciting stuff! Could have something to do with the ridiculous amounts of walking/running I did this weekend - I'm guestimating upwards of 10 miles when you add Saturday's and Sunday's mileage together. Yay!



Saturday's title: The Killers, "Somebody Told Me"

0 comments: