1.22.2007

You always wanted a monkey

I'm not really this quick of a knitter, but I have another pair of socks to show you.



Specs:
Pattern: Monkey from Knitty
Needles: US 2
Yarn: Socks that Rock in Puck's Mishief, medium-weight
Pattern Notes: Like all of Cookie's patterns that I've had the pleasure of knitting, this one is well-written and easy to follow. I found that I was able to memorize the chart after only a few repeats. I did make some modification though to allow for a heavier weight of yarn than the pattern calls for. I turned it into a 14 stitch repeat and I eliminated rounds 8 and 9 of the pattern to make this work. I don't think the design looks all that different, but the socks are just my size. I have narrow feet, so this solution may make them too skinny for anyone else's feet. And check it out - the socks actually match! No dye lot issues! Hooray for one big skein (instead of two little ones)!


Previous Title: Our Lady Peace, "Made of Steel"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I like these a lot! Another one for the list.

Secret Pal-o-rama

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely!