9.12.2006

I've wanted more from this than anything I've ever known

Boys may not suck completely, but I'm getting so tired of the whole scene. The Boy called on Saturday, still clueless about when the game was by the way, and we went out Sunday night.

I don't know.

I should like him. He's all of the things I said I wanted: smart, sarcastic and witty, kind, cute but not so cute he knows it, a little chivalrous but not to the point that it's annoying, easy to relate to, . . . but something's just not right these days. Maybe I'm losing interest since it takes so long between dates for us to find a time when we can get together. I can't figure out why I'm not more excited about the whole situation, but it's just not working for me right now. I'll keep trying and he certainly gets a few more chances, but at this point I'm not swooning or jumping up and down ecstatically when he calls. I really wanted this one to last a little longer, for it to be right (at least for a while), but I don't think it's going to.

Thanks for all the kind words and support with my issues last week, by the way.

In other news, here's a wedding picture. No, it's not the happy couple. I don't have a great one of the two of them together, actually. Instead, here's my brother and I dancing together:





Previous Title: Ani DiFranco, "Untouchable Face"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing how boys think ( or don't), watch him get more interested as you get more disinterested... just saying.

Brena said...

I dated a guy like that about a year ago... he's really smart and funny and we had such a good time together. But we just couldn't find the time to see each other more. It just got old after a couple of months, you know?

Looking back at it... if we'd had something more, that indescrible "thing", I would've made more time for him. I guess it just wasn't right.

We have a really good friendship though, with flirting and sometimes making out. But that's all it'll ever be.