8.14.2006

Tear me loose baby



"Stone free, do what [we] please!"

Check it out! I was working on my Debbie Bliss silk shrug, but I got to the point where I need to switch to smaller needles. Of course, the smaller needles were already occupied with the IK Eyelet Chemise. I put in some quality time on this baby and managed to get the main piece off the needles. Above are all that remains; well, except for the finished piece, which is below.



So, what would you do next? FInish off the eyelet chemise or the silk shrug (below)?



Faced with this dilemma and cursed with the inability to make a decision, I did what any good knitter would do. That's right, I cast on for something new.



At least it's a somewhat small project . It's a baby sweater for a little one who is due on October. I'll get back to the others soon, but for now I'm enjoying a much needed break from the girlie colors. While starting a new project is definately not going to help cut down my UFO list, I'm working out an incentive for myself. I have a new list on my sidebar (or will in a few minutes) of all of my works in progress. This way I can see everything I'm working on, and erase them as they get done. I think when the list gets down to just two or three, or maybe four, there should be some kind of prize. I haven't figured out yet what it will be, but if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Edited to add a few quick notes:
- Thanks Secret Pal for the postcard! I hope you enjoyed your vacation!
- Joanne - The baby sweater is the "Cabled Coat with Hood" from the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino book. I'm making some modifications and I'm using Sirdar's Snuggly yarn, because it was less than half the price. I'm happy to give you more details if you want them.
- Colleen (my pal) got her KSKS kit and loved it, although it seems some Oompa Loompas snuck in and ate all of the candy. Heehee! Glad she enjoyed it!
- Andrea asked about the booga bag, so here are some quick details on both that one and the Cleo Clutch. For the booga bag I followed the pattern exactly and used Noro Kureyon in color 90. I think it took a little over two skeins. For the Cleo Clutch I used Lamb's Pride Worsted in Rust. Both were from the stash. See, I can do something right! Even if I don't seem to finish projects, at least I used up some stash yarn!



Previous title: Fall Out Boy, "Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year"

1 comments:

Joanne M said...

I love the new baby project - the pattern, the yarn, the colour! What pattern is it? What yarn? (I counted 15 babies born to or about to be born to friends of ours over the last 2 yrs, so I'm on the lookout for cute patterns)