5.31.2006

I can't take my eyes off of you

As promised, another FO.



Specs:
Pattern: Entrelac Shawl from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Needles: US 3
Yarn: Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino - I made two blankets and it took 8 balls of each color, but it takes about 1 and 1/2 for the edge and about 6 for the center. I can't find the labels, so I don't know the color numbers. On my screen the next picture, a close-up, shows the colors better.
Pattern Notes: I hope you can tell from the title of this post how in love I am with this blankie. The pattern is a little complicated, but the directions are fairly clear. Have a little faith, trust in Debbie Bliss, and everything will turn out just fine. Below is a close-up of the stitch pattern, which involves an awful lot of seed stitch, with quite a few cables interspersed throughout.



This is half of a baby gift for my closest friend's twins. The other blanket has already been gifted, and is the exact opposite of this one in that the colors are reversed. One day I'll try to get a photo of the two blankets together. For now, you'll just have to imagine what a great pair they make.



Yesterday's Title: Ben Lee, "Catch My Disease (That's The Way I Like It)"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great baby present! I just found out a good friend is expecting in December, so need ideas - this looks like it was fun to knit.

Your secret pal

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Francys. I am expecting my first baby in July. I bought the baby cashmerino book and started to knit the Entrelac Shawl. I made the 5 base triangles and the first Left side edge triangle. I got stuck with the instructions of the left side rectangle. The instructions of the second row are not cleared to me. Could you please help me to understand how triangles and rectangles will be attached together. I would appreciate any form of help. My email address is francyslorena@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern, too, but am also lost! I don't even have rectangles yet, just triangles! Any help would be appreciated! I don't want to give up; it is just too cute.
katyganino@yahoo.com